07 August 2011

Sometimes Ups Out-Number the Downs...

...but not in Nottingham.
So, thank goodness I don't live there. :)
My most recent "up" would have to be my landing a big part in my community's production of The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. It's a very Monty Python-esque take on the classic tale of Robin of Locksley and I managed to secure the roll of Lady Marian. Aside from my stint as Mary, this is the biggest part I've ever had in such a production as this. I've already started memorizing the lines and, so far, I really like the cast that we've been able to assemble! It's a little odd seeing as Robin is 4 years my junior and the Sheriff (the other man after Marian's hand) is... well, I'm sure he has got to have ten years on me at least and at this time in my life... that's a bit much. Haha! Alas, so adds to the need for me to play my part and play it well!
It's pretty funny because Lady Marian has a rather... bipolar take on life. As is appropriate, she loathes and despises the Sheriff and the Evil Prince John and, as is also appropriate, loves Robin. But in this particular play, my directore has asked me to really play up the two extremes. So far it has gotten pretty interesting on stage, to say the least. I pretty much fly like a bat out of hell at the Sheriff and then instantly turn to Robin with that sort of light and airy voice expected of a princess. It'll definitely be worth the watch, I promise! I will post the dates on facebook in a week or so but it doesn't show until September so keep your eyes and ears (and perhaps even schedule? ;D) open for the information.

Today was also one of those days, though, that remind me just how much I want to get out to school. To be a part of the lives of people in my same situation just seems ideal at this point in my life. I really want to find my place in the world and to do that I must obtain the ever-elusive education!

But not is all dull and dreary in my world here in Brookings. I have finally managed to obtain a small circle of friends. Thanks mainly in part to my time with the theater company but it's a wonderfully marvelous feeling when you find those genuine people that you click with and who actually make an effort to keep tabs on you and make time for you after whatever event has pulled you together initially.
It reminds me of how agreeable I can be when placed in the right situation. Now, if only I could be agreeable at all times and not just in those situations, I'd have it made according to Mom. :) I totally get the concept... it's just putting it into practice I get kind of hung up.
Well, messirs and missus, I'm off to play a newly acquired song referred to me by my last piano teacher. Take care this week. <3
Cassidy

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the part Cassidy! That sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could come see it, but sadly it doesn't look like I have any trips to Oregon in my near future. :/ But hey! You should check out my blog...;) (And no, that's not just a really rude way of changing the subject to myself. Promise!)

    ReplyDelete